‘Personal information’ means any information that is capable of identifying you.
‘We’ means Banstead Physio & Therapies.
We collect and process data because we have a legal obligation to do so and it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
What information we collect and when
We collect and process information when you telephone the clinic to make an enquiry or an appointment, when you email us, contact us via our website or if you visit the clinic in person.
At the point of enquiry or booking, or at your first appointment, we will ask you for;
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- Your telephone number, either landline or mobile or both
- Your e-mail address
At your appointment at the clinic, we will ask for information regarding
- Your general health
- Your previous health
- Information regarding the condition you are seeing advice about.
- Any activities you undertake
- Your employment
- Any medication you take.
We will also record the findings of a physical examination.
Where do we keep your information?
We use electronic records that are hosted by a third party (Cliniko) as well as keeping manual paper records.
Manual records include: your contact details, medical insurance details (if applicable), details of your treatments and any medical correspondence between us and other medical professionals.
Electronic records include: your contact details, records of your appointment dates, details of your treatments, correspondence between us and you, or any medical professionals, and details of your financial account with us. We DO NOT store any credit cards details.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our information is kept up to date and rectified if necessary. It is also your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information.
How do we use this information?
- To provide a legal record of any treatment or advice we provide
- To ensure continuity of care.
- To contact you in regard to your ongoing treatment including sending exercises and appointment reminders by e-mail.
- We may pass information with your permission to other medical professionals who may be involved in your care; this may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments or other Healthcare Professions.
- We will not use your contact details other than for matters directly referring to your care at the clinic unless you have given us permission to do so by signing our consent form.
- We will not pass on your information for commercial purposes.
- We may use your information for quality feedback purposes.
- We may use your information for audit purposes.
How long do we keep personal information?
We have a legal obligation to retain medical records for 8 years after the conclusion of treatment.
If the record relates to a child or young person, we are legally required to keep the records until the patient’s 25th birthday or 8 years after death.
We may retain electronic records indefinitely for use if you return for another episode of care and for analytical purposes.
How do we protect your information?
We take organisational and technical security measures to protect the information against unauthorised disclosure or unlawful processing.
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any discrepancies rectified. You can do this by written request to the address at the start of the policy.
Disclosure of your information
We may pass information with your permission to other medical professionals who may be involved in your care; this may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments or other Health and Care Professions. This information may be passed on in the form of a written letter which is given to you - if this is the case, the letter becomes your responsibility and the protection of its contents is your responsibility. If the information is passed electronically by email we will take all reasonable precautions to transmit the information securely.
All changes will be notified on our website
Banstead Physio & Therapies
133a High Street, Banstead, Surrey SM7 2NS
Updated September 2020
This document will be reviewed regularly.